Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

9.14.2008

Israeli Mafia Takes Over Recycling Turf

This is kind of an old story but I just came across it and I think its fascinating and bizarre. Apparently the Israeli mafia has been working to take over the plastic bottle recycling monopoly and the police have been trying to stop them. And they're not doing it for ecological reasons! It's for profit.
This is ridiculous! Israeli has plastic bottle recycling? I've always had so much trouble finding recycling for anything in Israel. Last summer I used to take everything to the back of a supermarket, get yelled at by some sketchy men with beer bellies, get my bottles counted by the cashier after waiting in line for an hour, come back to the scary men and then wait for them to check over my bottles while blowing cigarette smoke in my face. I remember thinking that it was as if Israel wanted to make recycling as hard for me as possible so I would just forget about it and throw it in the trash (which I could never do for ethical reasons, throwing away recycling feels like breaking Shabbat for me).
But now the mafia is taking over? You know, it would be nice if the mafias did take over and made it into a blossoming business but most likely they will continue to launder money and spend it on drugs and firearms instead of recycling campaigns. Stupid mafia.
Hat tip to Green Prophet for the link.

2 comments:

el scorcho said...

your new layout/design is beautiful!!

el scorcho said...

is my name gonna change when i post this???

Followers